Friday, July 16, 2010

Why Are We "Token"?

Usually, there's a long, drawn-out explanation as to how a great website like ours got our name. Not this time. It started right before I set off to college. I remember watching Varsity Blues for the first time and seeing this hilarious clip.

After laughing for days, everything was "Token" in my life from there on out. Mike was my "token Yankees fan roommate",  I was the "token Red Sox fan", and we joined forces after our first semester at school to create the "Token Sports Radio Show." The name has stuck ever since. So welcome to the Token Spinoff, which is a spinoff of Token Sports. Basically, we're just your "token college graduates who know who to find legit crap on the internet." There ya have it!

Oh yeah...this was the icing on the cake too. From Not Another Teen Movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment