Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whoops: Facebook hated like airlines and cable companies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This really cracks me up.

Facebook, the most visited site on the Internet , may also be the most despised: A new poll says the site scored 64 on a 100-point scale, which “puts Facebook in the bottom 5 percent” of private sector companies “and in the same range as airlines and cable companies, two perennially low-scoring industries with terrible customer satisfaction,” according to results of a survey released today.

The results of the American Customer Satisfaction Index’s E-Business Report, done by the University of Michigan in conjunction with ForeSee Results, comes as Facebook nears 500 million members, and as founder Mark Zuckerberg prepares to take to the airwaves Wednesday to talk about his company and its woes.

“Facebook is a phenomenal success, so we were not expecting to see it score so poorly with consumers,” said Larry Freed, president of ForeSee Results. “At the same time, our research shows that privacy concerns, frequent changes to the website and commercialization and advertising adversely affect the consumer experience.”

Really doesn't surprise me. I dislike Facebook a lot. The whole privacy issues bugs me to no end. And the Federal Trade Commission is investigating Facebook's privacy and data collection practices. I've really watched what I type and do on Facebook, and I encourage all of you to do the same. Facebook is still an amazing networking too, and the main reason why I haven't gotten rid of it is because I'm afraid of losing touch with friends. But if Facebook does something that makes me mad, I may walk real soon.

In the mean time, read the entire MSNBC.com article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment