Sunday, July 11, 2010

Injury: Mike sidelined at least 6 weeks!

(It really is that bad.)
Sometimes, being a pussy leads to more pain then you would have received if you just stood still.

Saturday I was in New York, filming a paintball tournament for a professor of mine back at Quinnipiac. Right after hitting the field for the first game, the skies, which had threatened all morning, and had already had rumbles of thunder, opened, and out came rain, rain, and more rain. Torrential downpours soaked the players and the photographers and the videographers.

So with a soaked back end to the ski resort, where the paintball fields were located, we continued. Several games passed. And then, headed back up to a field for the final game or two before lunch. The field was long, and had a road down the middle, and to the right the field slopped away with high grass. The left end was elevated slightly, slopping most of the way along the road, but one area was raised more with open rocks.

My friend who had been the videographer for the event for the years before, game me a piece of advice: "Don't be a pussy and don't get the shot because you don't want to get shot."

I was using the video camera, gathering some quality shots of the action, when all of a sudden, I was directly in the line of fire. I was tried to get out of the way, because I was a pussy, and didn't want to get shot. Moving rather quickly across the soaked ground that was raised above the road, right next to the rocks, my right foot slipped, and fell down the rocks, and got lodged in a hole. I twisted my body, attempting to dislodge the foot and get out of the way of the paintballs whizzing by.

But something had happened. I couldn't move the foot. I fell to the ground, gingerly placing the camera on the ground actually, and looked at my foot.

"MY GOD!" I thought to myself.

Read the rest at Token Sports!

No comments:

Post a Comment